Our Occcupational Therapists often recommend using a slant board to help our students develop the correct writing form. Why purchase expensive slant boards in catalogs when you can easily make your own?
Items to Gather:
- 3 inch 3 ring binder
- Flexible Pen Holder (optional)
- Decorative Duct Tape (optional)
1. With the opening of the binder facing downward, place a strip of decorative duct tape along the upper and lower edge of the binder.
2. Place two strips of velcro on both the clipboard and the binder.
3. Adhere the pencil gripper at the top of the binder.
Make a few slant boards to have on hand!
Hope you find the slant board a helpful tool for use in your classroom!
For more reading check out:
Suggested Summer Reading for Entering 3rd Graders
21 Books for Young Advanced 3rd Graders