Are you into rock painting? Do you feel excited while decorating the small pieces of stones for room decor? If yes, this article is the best place for you to get some excellent rock-painting pens. For your artistic expression, you need the right tools, and without those, it is impossible to accomplish the task with precision.
Since you need to draw on smaller surfaces, the pen you use needs a good tip for a clean finish. According to my market survey, here are some best markers for rock painting that will brighten your mood and your rocks as well! Keep reading this article.
Why Are Pens More Convenient?
For rock painting, it is much more convenient to use pens instead of brushes because:
- Pens are easier to carry than brushes and color bottles. This makes the job hassle-free.
- Marker pens allow a proper grip on the stone surface for beginners.
- The fine tip enables painting minute details on the pebbles.
- Unlike paint bottles, pens do not take up much space. Hence pens are easier to store.
Amidst all markers, posca pens are the best for rock painting because:
- They have water-based and provide a matte finish.
- They can be mixed in multiple layers and last longer.
- They have countless options in colors.
The Tip Sizes:
- The 3m size allows covering the smaller and corner areas of the rock, and it is perfect for painting tiny details.
- The 1m size is suitable for outlining and highlighting.
- The 5m size is for filling out more prominent areas.
Here are some best quality marker pens for rock painting.
Best 7 Posca Paint Pens for Rock Painting
This product is the paint option, and it offers the best tip that can be used for any type of creation on any kind of surface. The finest end does not allow splattering of paint. By using this product, one can draw on both smooth or rough surfaces. Again, it can be used for painting larger portions and also for minute details.
Apart from rock painting, it can also be used for painting on metal, plastic, canvas, terra-cotta, etc. It has been built according to safety standards, and it does not contain any toxic material. It has no odor as well.
Having a 6.26 x 6.22 x 3.9 inches dimension, it is easy to carry and is only 1.46 pounds. It includes five types of color, including the primary colors, metallic, and pastel tones.
- Finest tip
- Best for a rigid and smooth surface.
- Best for drawing finer details or painting broader areas.
- There have been complaints regarding leaking.
It comes in five colors: Khaki green, Dark red, Fuchsia, Brown, and Navy blue. It is suitable for drawing on any surface, and the best part about this is that it does not mix with other colors after overwriting, so the color below it gets covered fully.
This is best for the use of the children for DIY craftworks. The material spreads the color evenly on all surfaces. The products last longer. They are odorless, and the color is waterproof.
- Best in quality
- Good for all surfaces
- Proper color distribution
- The nibs are bigger
The paint is waterproof and not toxic. The paint can be used for coloring darker surfaces. And the color develops well irrespective of the base color. It can be used for overwriting as the color below it cannot be seen.
The paint being aqueous does not smell bad. It comes in colors like Khaki green, Dark Brown, Navy blue, Dark red, Fuchsia, Purple, Bright Yellow, and White.
- Non- toxic
- There have been complaints regarding some colors.
This Fine to Medium product range includes a Black and a White version of the markers. The nib sizes are from 0.7mm to 2.5mm, and it can be used for writing on different types of surfaces like Terracotta, Porcelain, Fabric, etc., apart from stones and rocks.
- Writes on all surfaces
- These are water-based
- Dries very fast
- There have been complaints regarding the pens leaking color
#5 Uni Posca Paint Marker Pen, Fine Point (PC-3M)
In this product, the paint is waterproof, and it is non-toxic. The color does not bleed as it is not of alcohol base. Moreover, the color dries fast. This comes in natural colors, and the colors include, Pink, Red, Black, pastel Yellow, Pastel Orange, Pastel, amongst others. The set comes in an original vinyl pen case.
- The Colour does not bleed
- The ink does not last long
This product comes in 15 colors, including white, light blue, gray, brown, orange, peach, light orange, yellow, pale green, purple, blue, green, pink, red, and black. The ink is not toxic and waterproof. The paint dries quickly and does not bleed. The dimension is 5.9 x 2.2 x 3 inches, and it weighs 3.52 ounces.
- Variety of options
- Not durable
The product comes in seven colors with sparking like red, blue, orange, green, violet, pink, and light blue. Apart from stones, they can be used for writing and painting on glass, fabric, metals, etc. This is short-lasting in glass and is perfect for making temporary signs on glass windows, windscreens, etc. The nibs are bullet-shaped.
- It can be used on any surface
- Adds glitter
- Best for temporary signs on glass
- Some colors are not suitable for rock painting
- Do not last for a longer period
Indeed, there are countless options in Posca pens for rock painting. However, it depends on your creative aesthetic sense, based on which you can select the set of pens that you wish to acquire for your craft and DIY works.
Amidst all these products, product no. 1 is the best. Before buying any set, just check out the product and do some basic online research, and then you are good to go. Give wings to your artistic creativity by getting hold of some of the best markers for rock painting.