DIY Cricut Wall Décor Ideas – here are 2. Are you obsessing over your Cricut machine and have run out of DIY craft ideas to try? When it comes to home décor projects, a Cricut machine is one of the used tools. Its flexible and easy-to-use nature makes the DIY cutting machine the perfect tool for crafting almost everything. This includes creating unique greeting cards, personalized home décor, printed clothes, and vinyl decals/stickers.
Whether you want to use an already created piece of art (graphics) or want to design a file on your own, the Cricut Design Space gives you complete control. So, if you love whipping up last-minute DIY craft projects to give your home a makeover, this blog has got you covered. Here is an easy-to-follow DIY Cricut wall décor step-by-step guide to getting you started.
2 DIY Cricut Wall Décor Ideas
Looking for some inspiration to enhance the curb appeal of your home? Well, you are in the right place! We have compiled two easy yet creative DIY Cricut wall décor projects that you can make using your Cricut machine. So, before any further ado, let’s begin!
1. Wall Mounted Key Holder
Are you sick and tired of forgetting your keys, wallet, or phone, every time you go out? Get organized with the wooden DIY Wall Mounted Key Holder. This isn’t only one of the easiest DIY craft projects but is also an inexpensive and creative way to keep you organized. In order to make this DIY Cricut wall décor, you will need the following supplies:
- Wood Pallet Plank
- Stencil Brushes
- Cup Hooks
- Acrylic Outdoor Paint
- Transfer Tape
- Adhesive Vinyl
- Cricut Machine
- Standard Grip Mat
- Weeding Tool
- Scissor or Cutter
Now that you have all the essential supplies, it’s time to make the Wall Mounted Key Holder. Make sure to follow the instructions mentioned below to the tee:
- Step 1: Place the wooden plank on a flat surface and use a scissor to cut off the strings attached to the back of the plank.
- Step 2: In case you are making your own stencil, log in to Cricut Design Space and create your own key holder signage. However, if you want to opt for a template, click here to download the DIY Cricut wall décor signage that works best in this case.
- Step 3: Now place the vinyl on the mat and load it into your Cricut machine.
- Step 4: Once you have printed the design on the vinyl sheet, cut the inside space of the words while leaving the borders to make a stencil.
- Step 5: Use the transfer tape to cover the vinyl sheet. Make sure to keep the sticky side down. Now use a credit card or ruler to scrape the back of the vinyl carrier and the top of the transfer tape. Doing so will transfer the vinyl to the tape.
- Step 6: Remove the carrier sheet and place the vinyl onto the wooden plank.
- Step 7: Dip the paintbrush in acrylic paints and start painting inside the stencil. Dip the paintbrush in acrylic paints and start painting inside the stencil. Once you have applied the paint, quickly remove the stencil. Do not wait for the paint to dry.
- Step 8: Once the paint has dried, use a measuring tape to mark the placement of the hooks. While doing so, ensure that the hooks should be evenly spaced.
- Step 9: Now use a small drill bit to drill the holes and then screw them in.
- Step 10: Last but not least, hang the Wall Mounted Key Holder using command strips.
The ideal place to place the Wall Mounted Key Holder is near the main door. So that whenever you plan to go out, the displayed text on the DIY craft “Did you remember to grab your phone, wallet and keys?” will remind you to check your pockets. This DIY Cricut wall décor also makes an awesome gift for family and friends.
2. Minimalistic Wall Clock
Haven’t been able to find a clock that you love? You can use your Cricut machine to make a modern-looking Minimalistic Wall Clock. Even if you aren’t super crafty, know that learning how to make a clock using a Cricut vinyl doesn’t have to be scary expensive. All you need to do is print the design, attach the 3D clock handles and you are good to go. To make a Minimalistic Wall Clock you will need the following supplies:
- CricutPermanent Vinyl
- Green Standard Grip Mat
- 3D Clock Hands
- Giant Wall Clock SVG
- Transfer Tape
- Weeding Tool
- Vinyl Scraper
- Cricut Machine
Follow the below-mentioned step-by-step guide to create the DIY Cricut wall décor:
- Step 1: First task is to download a wall clock SVG file of your choice. (These choices are from shops at Etsy)
- Step 2: Upload the SVG file into the CricutDesign Space. You can resize the SVG file if you want to fit your needs. However, we recommend going with the original design.
- Step 3: Once the design is complete, go to the machine settings and select the material over which you are going to print the design.
- Step 4: Now place the vinyl sheet onto your mat, load it into the machine and press cut.
- Step 5: Once the Cricut machine has finished cutting the vinyl, unload it.
- Step 6: Carefully weed out the voided areas and cut out each of the numbers.
- Step 7: With the template of your DIY Cricut wall décor ready it’s time to move on to the placement step. In order to do this, start by cleaning and drying the surface of the wall on which you are going to work.
- Step 8: Now place the centerpiece of the clock first. Note that the centerpiece comprises four different sections with registration marks. Thus ensure to place it correctly.
- Step 9: Mount the 3D clock hands on top of the centerpiece and make sure to add the batteries. Use the bigger clock hand as a guide for this step.
- Step 10: Apply the transfer tape to cover the vinyl sheet. Make sure to keep the sticky side down. Now use a scraper to scrape the back of the vinyl carrier and the top of the transfer tape. Doing so, will transfer the vinyl design to the tape.
- Step 11: Lastly, place the number or words (the design template that you choose) carefully over the wall. Use a scraper to make sure that the placement of the design is secure.
Planning to buy a new wall clock for your living space? What if we tell you that you can create a stunning Minimalistic Wall Clock in twenty minutes and that too while staying within the budget limit? Don’t just take our word for it, try out the aforementioned DIY Cricut wall décor idea to add a personal touch to your home.
2 DIY Cricut Wall Décor Ideas – Wrapping It Up!
As you can see in this blog, we have compiled some pretty impressive and easy-to-create DIY Cricut wall décor projects using everyday supplies. Any of the aforementioned DIY crafts will make the perfect gift for your loved ones. So, if you have recently bought your first Cricut machine and don’t know what to do, try out these projects to elevate the look of your personal space smartly and creatively while saving money in the long run!